Monday, May 16, 2011

Weekly Training Report (Week 2)

Last week I wanted to get several solid days of running in before beginning to taper for the Bishop High Sierra 100k. Unfortunately, due to an injured foot and a hurt back, that didn’t happen.

Monday morning I went out for a little run. I felt great during the run, but later that afternoon I started feeling a sharp pain on the top, outer edge of my right foot. 



Initially I thought I had a stress fracture, but, after doing a little online research, I think it may actually be a dislocated cuboid bone (or this). Whatever the cause, the pain was serious enough to prevent me from running all week.

Then, by midweek had hurt my back commuting to and from work (40 miles) with a messenger bag full of heavy books. The pain prevented me from doing anything, even riding my bike, for several days.

By the end of the week, after a few completely sedentary days, both my foot and my back were beginning to feel much better. I think my body was trying to tell me that I needed some rest. Hopefully next week is better.


5/9/11—5/15/11            Running                    Cycling

M:                                  5.17 mi                        43.90 mi
T:                                   --                                 39.33 mi
W:                                  --                                 --
Th:                                 --                                 20.98 mi
F:                                   --                                 --
Sa:                                 --                                 --
Su:                                 --                                 --

Totals:                         5.17 mi                        104.21 mi

No comments:

Post a Comment